The City of Austin is offering $10 million in Relief in a State of Emergency (RISE) 2.0 funds to individuals in Austin and Travis County through RISE 2.0.
On September 14, 2020 the application will open for RISE 2.0 emergency assistance for those who are facing financial hardships due to COVID-19. The application will close on September 21, 2020 and funds will be distributed in $2,000 increments per household based on a randomized selection process.
RISE 2.0 funds come after the original $15 million of RISE funds were awarded to 20 non-profits and social services agencies in May and June. Most of the funds distributed to the original 20 agencies have been exhausted. While the original RISE funds were distributed to social services agencies, RISE 2.0 funds will be distributed directly to individuals who apply and are chosen through a randomized selection process. Chosen applicants will receive $2,000 per household.
- Resident of Austin-Travis County, Texas;
- Under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level;
- 18 Years of Age or Older;
- Impacted by COVID-19;
- Have received less than $1,000 financial assistance in the past 30 days.
- Sept. 8-Oct 2: The phone bank at El Buen Samaritano is open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. [512-714-6950] to answer any questions from the public.
- Sept. 14: Households can start the application process online or through the phone bank. The online application form will be available in English and Spanish. The phone bank will be available in multiple languages.
- Online Portal: https://fund.uptogether.org/rise2
- Sept. 21: Last day for households to apply. Applications must be submitted by 7 p.m. on this date.
- Sept. 23-Oct. 6: The randomized application selection process will be completed, and applicants will be notified of whether or not they were selected.
- Sept. 23-Oct. 30: Funds will be distributed to the chosen applicants.
If the selected individual applied online, they can receive the funds in the following ways:
- Direct ACH bank transfer (individuals who choose this option will receive the funds sooner)
- Virtual Prepaid Card (sent via email)
- Mailed Prepaid Card
- If the selected individual applied through the phone bank, they will receive the funds via a prepaid card distributed by El Buen Samaritano.