This week we kicked off another round of diabetes nutrition classes at the Lone Star Circle of Care clinic in Taylor, TX. These classes are taught by me and will be held every Tuesday from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. and will run for six weeks from May 23rd to June 27th. In these classes, you can expect to learn how to better manage your diabetes primarily through diet, as well as other factors. Diabetes-friendly snacks will also be provided at each session. A bag of goodies will be distributed to patients who participate in the majority of the classes. If you missed out on the first class, be sure to check out the following sessions. Walk-ins are welcome.
- May 30, 2023—Diabetes and Nutrition I: Understanding the Food Groups
- June 6, 2023—Diabetes and Nutrition II: Sugars, Snacks, and their Alternatives
- June 13, 2023—Diabetes and Nutrition III: Carbohydrates and Understanding Portion Sizing
- June 20, 2023—Diabetes in Daily Life: Heart Health, Stress Management, & Healthy Shopping Skills
- June 27, 2023—It’s All About Balance: Exercise and Eating out with Diabetes
Written by Victoria Luera, Lone Star Circle of Care Registered Dietitian. Published by Ashley Wild.