Lone Star Circle of Care provides youth-friendly health services at our Texas A&M Health Science Center Pediatric clinic. Our fellowship-trained adolescent medicine provider, Dr. Chinwe Efuribe, has specialized training to work with youth and young adults and offers comprehensive, youth-centered, confidential services to support patients aged 11-22 yrs as they learn to take charge of their health. Types of visits range from simple health concerns to sexual/reproductive health issues (like puberty concerns or STD testing).
In addition to addressing youth health concerns, there are opportunities to promote healthy living as young person. Our Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is made up of Lone Star patients and other community youth who engage in community-service projects and earn volunteer hours.
- Fellowship-trained adolescent medicine physicians and board-certified pediatricians
- Youth-friendly waiting room and policies (in progress)
- Community services opportunities for positive youth development
- Confidential services available for:
- Family planning and birth control services for teens
- Mild anxiety or depression
- Teen High-Risk Behaviors
- Teen menstrual concerns
- Coping with chronic conditions