- PHOTO ID – Any type of identification with your picture and name such as a driver’s license, state issued ID, school ID, or work ID.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS – Examples include utility bill (cable bill, cell phone bill, etc.), copy of lease agreement, voter registration card or any piece of postmarked mail you have received recently
- PROOF OF INCOME – Recent proof (dated within the last 30 days) of all household income including earned and unearned income. This would also include income for your spouse and any minor children for the past 30 days.
Click on your type of income to see what you need to bring to your appointment.
Paystubs dated within the past 30 days that reflect your gross pay or a signed letter from the employer, dated within 30 days, verifying employment, gross amount paid, frequency of pay and contact information.
Proof of self-employment income such as logs/records of earnings for the past 30 days
Most recent Social Security award letter issued within the current year
Bank statement or child support statement from Texas Office of Attorney General that reflects all child support for the past 30 days or a letter from the individual that is paying the child support payments. The letter must state the amount of child support paid, frequency of pay, to whom the payment is being made to, and must be signed and dated within the past 30 days.
Retirement and pension can be verified by bringing in your most recent award statement that was issued within the current year. Financial aid can be verified by providing us with proof from your college/school of the refunded amount after tuition was paid.
Court order verifying the amount of alimony that was awarded
Workers Compensation paystubs dated within the past 30 days.
Most recent award letter dated within the current year or paystubs dated within the past 30 days.
Most recent bank statement proving income that is dated within the past 30 days.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED:
Bring an unemployment benefits statement.
If you are currently unemployed and have not received income within the past 30 days, we will accept a letter of support from the person who is helping you meet your financial needs. The letter should include:
- The type of assistance you are receiving. If monetary value is given (cash in hand), it must be listed on the letter.
- Contact information, and signature of the person providing you with the assistance (the letter can also be from an organization, church, or agency that is assisting you).
Savings/Checking account statement(s) will only be accepted if all of the following criteria are met:
- You are currently unemployed and have not received any income within the past 30 days.
- No one is helping you meet your financial needs.
- You are living off of the money in your bank account.
Note: All income received in the household is counted when determining your sliding fee scale discount and is not limited to the examples listed on this document.